Sunday, September 30, 2007

Greetings from Texas...

Had a 3 day weekend this weekend so we took a trip to Texas to visit the inlaws. Man is it hot here. Dry, and hot. Or, maybe i've just been spoiled with the near perfect weather in SoCal. Then again, maybe i'm just getting old and more sensitive to the weather extremes. I dunno.
Anyway, Texas is an interesting change from Cali. That whole saying, "everything is Big in Texas" definitely rings true. Big trucks, big highways, big hats, big strip malls...the list goes on and on. Speaking of Strip malls...this place is definitely the land of the strip malls. I feel like everywhere I go it's just strip mall after strip mall and they all look the same. Same big department stores. Same generic chain restaurants. I think i'm gonna re-nickname it the cookie cutter state. Every strip mall is a cookie cutter carbon copy of the last strip mall. Anyway, it's a nice change, but I can't wait to get back home to the dogs. I miss the dogs...

No comments: