Monday, October 1, 2007

iAnnoyed...a little...

So, Apple has put out another software update for the iPhone...1.1.1. After reading some other posts about the problems people (like Browser Metrics) have been having with updating to 1.1.1 I was a litte apprehensive, but whatever...I went and updated my phone anyway. I mean, I gotta have th latest and greatest from Apple, right? Thankfully, I have stayed away from the hacks for the iPhone as reportedly this update renders those hacks useless. Apparently it even permanently disables iPhones that were "unlocked" to work on carriers other than Apple-approved AT&T. Man, Steve Jobs is a hardass. I guess I would be too if I got screwed as bad as he did back in the day by Bill Gates...

So Anyway, I hooked up my iPhone to my MacBook and fired up iTunes. Did a search for new software and Voila!...a new update 1.1.1 is available. Followed the prompts and updated the software on my phone. Wasn't too bad, took maybe a total of 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish. After reading some of the horror stories out there, I was worried that my pics and music, etc wouldn't be there when all was said and done but luckily it was all there....or so I thought. I went about the rest of my day (Visiting the inlaws in Texas currently) until later that night when I was going to make a phone call. Went to access the contacts, and there were none to be found. I hooked up the phone to my MacBook and sync'd the contacts...nothing. Tried it several other times...still nothing. That's annoying. I ended up having to do a complete restore of my phone before the contacts would sync properly. A slight setback, but annoyin none-the-less.

So, how is the update? Hmm...other than the new shortcut to the iTunes WiFi store, I didn't really notice any immediate changes. I'm really waiting for the REAL updates that are rumored for the iPhone...like SMS, iChat, iWork, etc. for the iPhone....Not just this lame mobile iTunes store crap.

Speaking of that iTunes store....man is Apple good....good at marketing and selling stuff. They're downright GENIUSES I tell ya! A way to buy music from iTunes directly from your phone?! Brilliant!...from a marketing standpoint....not that I plan on using it at all. Look at the stores, the hardware, everything...it practically sells itself it's so well packaged and marketed. Not to mention the fact that Windows can now be run natively on the Intel based Macs and this gives PC users even more of a reason to switch. If you ask me, it's Steve Jobs' way of saying, "Doom on you Cockbreath!" to Bill Gates. Apple is now poised for world domination...Muhahaha!

1 comment:

One Little Seedling said...

Hee hee. Apple shut out Hackers then put up a store in your phone. So the update was really just a way to funnel more money into their pockets. Hee hee. Tis business.

It's funny that alot of people are whining about this "brick" issue when they clearly stated that if Hacked then your phone may run in to problems. It was stated in a clear manor. And if you were locked out even though you didn't do anything it's easily proven by checking your phone bill. If it was by mistakingly locked out they fix it. I admit it may be annoying if that haapened, but what can you do?

So you didn't loose pics? That would suck. But hey at least you can buy new tunes when you're bored at lunch time... only to be deleted by the 1.1.2 update. Hee hee. JK.

Apple should keep it closed. Keep the tight ship and let all other whiners stick to that other company like the rest of the world. I'd rather have my own tiny dixie cup of water rather than a community piss bucket.

Now enough iPhone crappola! Where's this Leopard and supposed thinner Macbook Pro 2.7 to 3 dual g's? =)