Sunday, September 23, 2007

Did the rains bring the swells?...Nope!

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was gonna try to hit the surf today. Well, I spent the morning doing some junk yard diving for P's car. Then we met A & C (with Ian in tow) for some lunch downtown. After we came back to Hermosa Beach, I squeezed in some beach time hoping that the recent storms brought some swells with them. I couldn't have been more far off. Not sure what it was like in the morning, but I did't get out into the water till around 6PM and honestly it wasnt' even worth paddling out. Was only 1-2 feet and choppy with an onshore breeze. On top of that, the beach was practically empty and I was the only person actually IN the water.

Being in the water alone is an interesting thing. On one hand, It's very serene and calming to be out there alone. It's a very soulful experience....just you and the ocean. At the same time, it is also a very eerie experience. I couldn't help but think, "It's just you and the sharks...". Nice. Well, despite the crappy waves I at least got to catch a great sunset. That alone was worth paddling out for...

5 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

Nice... all one needs... besides a something to put your penis in.

SoNSo1 said...

I have no idea wtf the seed is saying.

Anyway, weren't you worried that maybe no one was out in the surf because the storm runoff caused issues with sewage?

Just askin'. ;-)

ATChipmunk said...

Hmm...never thought about that. Guess we'll see if I grow a third arm or something down the road...

One Little Seedling said...

I've gotten many headaches after being in the water down there. Maybe I should have paid attention to the signs.

Being alone in the water freaks me out. I hated it when me you and Capitol Sweel used to ride in those storms and the two of yu would catch a wave. I'd be out all by my lonesome waiting for the next set. I would hope that either you'd paddle back fast or a decent wave would come along. The dark grey skies always irked me. But hey, that's when the waves ruled and there was no one else to share it with besides the 2 of you. We need to find those tapes.

ATChipmunk said...

Dude...I'm telling you, you and Capitol Swell need to make a trip out west together so we can re-live the old bodyboarding days. I know a couple of good breakfast places by the beach (they're no Layton's though) that we can hit before heading out for "Dawn Patrol". Afterwards, we can hit 7-11 for some chili dogs and A&W Cream Soda. Or, we can head down to Orange for some T-Street action...LOL. So, how bout it?!