Friday, August 10, 2007

Yup...That's my real name...

Yes folks, I do indeed dare to post under my real name. No screename or abbreviation to hide behind. No alias or handle to give me a false sense of internet security. It's just me and my real name out there for everyone to see. You see, in the time that i've used the internet i've seen so much of what I like to call "internet bravado"...people that are willing to post garbage and talk so much trash to other people just because they are on the internet and can hide behind a screename. General respect for your fellow man (or woman) just seems to get thrown out the window in that void we know as the world wide web. Ahhh...the beauty of human nature. Well, ladies and gents, it's time to take a stand...

On every web forum i've ever posted on, i've always signed my posts with my real name. Never solely under an alias or screename. To me, posting with your real name gives you credibility...tells the world you have nothing to hide and are willing to put it all out there. It keeps you accountable for your actions and statements...something that seems to be inherently lacking out in cyberland. But then again, that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink.

To my friends, etc...don't worry. I'm not saying everyone has to share my thoughts and beliefs. What fun would that be? I respect other people's decision to stay anonymous and to use screenames or abbreviations. If I make reference to you in this, or one of my other blogs I will maintain usage of an abbreviation or anonymous reference if that's what you desire. If you make reference to me in one of your blogs, you can use my first initial if you wish or you can feel free to use my real first name. Makes no difference to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.. time to take stand .. when Cameron was in Egypt laaaaaaaaand .... let my Cameron goooooooooo.

Hmm .. is that really your true identity ? Pardon me then, I think I confused you with 1 Calvin Araway .. lol